“UPLIFTING THE COMMUNITY, ONE CHILD AT A TIME, THROUGH THE PERFORMING ARTS”
Our MISSION is to uplift the communities of Imizamo Yethu and Hangberg, one child at a time, through an after-school and holiday programme offering high-quality dance, drama and performance classes. Each beneficiary transitions from Amoyo as a success-driven, integral and foremost employable young people who has acquired core values, life and communication skills in a genuinely caring and nurturing environment.
Our VISION is that each Amoyo child will continues into tertiary education after school, equipped with performing arts skills also with life skills, self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-discipline to conquer life successfully.
Our PHILOSOPHY is one of gratitude. Amoyo means “spirit of appreciation” (appreciating everything and everyone) and our unique approach to upskilling and empowering the children of Hout Bay is already having a huge impact, not only on the children but on their families and the broader community, too.
WHO, WHAT & WHY WE ARE
Our classes are a platform to engage with our youth, to show them we care about them, about the choices they are making, and that we are there to support and help them develop into successful, employable adults.
The Amoyo journey aligns skill development with self-respect, respect for others, integrity, emotional intelligence and communication skills needed to survive in the fast-paced professional world outside of their immediate environment of poverty, neglect, criminal and gang activity.
Amoyo is so much more than just a performing arts training programme.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT OR PARTNER WITH US?
You can PARTNER with us in various ways:
- Make Amoyo part of your corporate responsibility program.
- Encourage your employees to donate, then match their contributions
- Sponsor an Amoyo child
- Book Amoyo to perform at your corporate events
You can SUPPORT with us in various ways:
- Donate any gently worn dancewear or dancing shoes that your children have outgrown
- Hosting a fundraising event on behalf of Amoyo
- Raising funds for something specific on our wishlist – Click the button below to view our wishlist
- If you have some time to spare, whether once off or regularly a skill you feel would benefit Amoyo students
Please send Amoyo an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org